Location: HARDINGSTONE, NORTHAMPTON
(1 minute from A45, 2 minutes from Junction 15 M1, 5 minutes from Town Centre)
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Assist Insurance Services is one of the UK’s leading providers of Leisure Insurance Products including Park Home Insurance, Caravan Insurance, Static Caravan Insurance, Leisure/Holiday Home Insurance, motor insurance and now marine insurance as well as providing the only Insurance Backed Structural Warranty for Park & Leisure Homes and is based in modern offices.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE:
You will join the Systems & Process team (reporting to the Head of Systems & Process). Your prime responsibility would be to take a lead role in the production & development of the company’s Management Information. You would also need to help administer our key systems and provide basic IT support.
The role requires the job holder to be able to prioritise workloads and also be flexible in their approach to encourage an environment of continuous improvement, helping Assist Insurance Services to achieve its company objectives.
- Migration of a suite of Microsoft Query/XL reports into a BI tool (e.g. Power BI or Cognos).
- Design, build and maintain key company dashboards and reports.
- Data analysis and interpretation to provide insight.
- Interface with managers to understand data needs.
- You will share responsibility for the timely and accurate reporting of the company’s Management Information, on a daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis. This is to be made available on an internal and external (insurer only) basis.
System & Processes:
- Assist with the technical administration of our two key systems (Open gi and 8×8).
- Implement business changes requested via Business Change Documents (BCD’s).
- Take a major role in any projects to implement new systems/products.
- Help improve the systems, processes and policies (ongoing).
- Provide first line onsite IT support for our Northampton site and remote support for our Cambourne site.
- Raise & manage support tickets with ACS (IT Support company), Open gi (main back office system), 8×8 (telecoms system) and Wavenet (internet line provider).
- Provide business with clear and timely updates of ongoing issues with ETA for resolution where possible.
- Where an issue causes critical impact to the business, you will be expected at times to work outside of your normal working hours (with little to no notice).
IT Supplies & Consumables:
- Management of monitoring the usage of IT supplies (such as printer consumables) and ordering/tracking supplies required accordingly.
Skills and Experience:
- Moderate to advanced Excel knowledge would be expected.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Query or any other MI software (especially Power BI or Cognos) would be advantageous.
- IT Literate with a technical mind – experience with any kind of programming would be highly beneficial.
- Knowledge of Open gi/phone systems preferable but full training will be given.
- Back ground in Insurance would be advantageous, but not necessary.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Flexible approach to change with a very positive attitude.
- GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics and English.
- Self-motivated, attention to detail and able to work in a team.
- You will have successfully worked within a target orientated environment and be able meet deadlines.
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
Assist Insurance has an excellent relationship with its Lloyd’s insurers, as well as Park Owners, and we have a number of very exciting opportunities to achieve even more in 2020. Are you looking to grow within a business? Are the opportunities limited where you are currently? Is there a lack of variety in the leads you receive? Are you fed up working unsociable shift patterns? Do you feel taken for granted, and unappreciated where you are now? Or are you just one fish in a very big pond? Fancy a ‘real’ challenge and want to be seen and rewarded for what you really do? Then you really need to find out more about working with Assist Insurance Services.
What we offer:
- Base Salary: You will be offered an excellent market leading base salary based on your experience. We pay the best, because we want to attract the best.
- Option to join the company pension scheme, after qualifying period.
- Holiday Entitlement: You will receive 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays), which will increase by 1 day for every year you work for us up to 33 days. You will also get your Birthday off which doesn’t come out of your holiday entitlement!
- Opportunities for Progression: We have a policy of promoting from within whenever possible, if you are looking for a company where you can progress, then we are the company for you. If you don’t want the responsibility of man-management, that isn’t a problem, as you can still progress by being more multi-skilled;
- Professional Career: We would be happy to sponsor you should you wish to study towards your insurance exams;
- Fun Environment: We all understand that Insurance isn’t the most exciting of industries, but we do our best to enjoy ourselves whilst we are at work. Whether that is the internal competitions, where alcohol, chocolate or major prizes such as iPads and more, or whether it is joining the company for a meal in town, we like to have fun!
- Family Business: Assist is a family owned business, not a corporate dinosaur, where you don’t meet the Directors or the guests we have come into the company. But despite being a family business we employ 40 plus people, with many of them having worked with us for a number of years. And those who do leave……often come back. What does that tell you?
Find out more about us and what we do by visiting our websites: