Customer Service Advisers – Insurance
LOCATION: NORTHAMPTON or WELLINGBOROUGH
HOURS: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
What is the role?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of a team of consultants who will handle incoming calls from our policyholders, assisting them with the day-to-day insurance enquiries and providing friendly and informative advice. Whether it’s making a change to their policy or wanting to renew for another year, you will ensure that every customer receives the highest level of customer service. You will assist customers across all our products such as Home, Boat, Holiday Home, and Car Insurance. Whilst you may have worked in insurance before, it is certainly not essential as we will offer you full training and development to undertake the role.
Who are we?
Assist Insurance Services is one of the UK’s leading providers of leisure insurance products for caravans, boats, holiday homes, park homes and lodges. Last year, we were recognised by the insurance industry and announced as winners of two prestigious awards in one night, the ‘2022 Personal Lines Broker of the Year Award’ and the ‘2022 Customer Care Award’, which we are extremely proud of. This year we received the 2023 Feefo Platinum Trusted Customer Service Award in recognition of the excellent service we provide to our clients, we take pride that our clients will receive an exceptional service every time they contact us and have the confidence they are in safe hands.
You will be confident, positive and have an outgoing personality. You will ideally have experience of working in a Customer Service environment. You will be provided full training on our products and systems, so whilst previous insurance experience would be beneficial it is not a requirement, and we welcome applicants from all industries and backgrounds.
You will need to demonstrate a willingness to learn, and an enthusiastic and out-going personality is essential. Many of our clients may well be elderly or vulnerable, so patience and empathy is a must.
- Confidence to learn and develop through continuous classroom and on-job training.
- Excellent communication skills
- A flexible and proactive approach
- The ability to work within a friendly team to achieve goals and objectives
- Good numeracy and literacy along with good keyboard skills.
- The highest standard of integrity, honesty, and quality of work.
- Customer focussed and an empathetic nature
- A ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Base Salary of £20,000-24,000 (Dependent on experience)
- Quarterly bonus scheme with an OTE increase of approx. 10% of salary
- 25 Days Holiday (Plus Bank Holidays) rising to 30 days based on service.
- An additional day off for your birthday too!
- Career and professional development.
- Our contracts are offered on a full-time permanent basis, working 37.5 hours per week across the opening hours of our business:
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 9am – 1pm (Saturday’s you will be required to work 1 Saturday in 4).
Find out more about us and what we do by visiting our websites: