Insurance Sales Consultant
Location: WELLINGBOROUGH, NORTHAMPTONSHIRE
Salary: BASIC (DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE) & UNLIMITED BONUS
Assist Insurance Services Ltd is a family owned and run business, yet one of the UK’s leading providers of Park Home Insurance (as well as insurance for Caravans, Holiday Homes, Cars and Boats), all from modern offices in Northampton.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
You’ll join a team of experienced Insurance Consultants who advise and sell on a range of Insurance within this ‘niche’ leisure sector by providing friendly, informative advice from a range of providers.
- Maintain an exceptional level of Customer Service
- Achieve all agreed Sales targets for insurance products
- Adherence to Assist company Policy and Procedures
- Meet Quality and Compliance expectations
- Explain Insurance cover choices in plain English, avoiding use of jargon, to enable your customer to make an informed decision
- You will be involved within every aspect of the sales process which will include; outbound sales calls, inbound calls and attempting to contact clients via email & SMS
- You will need to be well organised and able to manage your call volumes
- Ability to build rapport with your Customer
- Good general education, qualifications to include GSCE English & Maths minimum Grade C or equivalent
THE WORK EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
Ideally you will have at least 24 months experience of working within an Insurance (preferably household insurance) sales environment, however our clients (retired/Semi-retired clients) ultimately purchase on the quality of service and the friendly staff they deal with. Experience of the Open GI (Misys System) would be advantageous but not a necessity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Confidence to learn and develop through a full induction programme and continuous on-job training
- Great communication skills with ability to build rapport over the telephone
- A flexible and proactive approach, working well within a small friendly team
- A keenness to get involved in other areas of the business, with the appetite and potential to become a multi-skilled consultant, who can progress within our growing business.
- You’ll need a good standard of numeracy and literacy along with good keyboard skills
- The highest standard of integrity and honesty
- Great work ethic, with a ‘can do’ attitude and a determination to succeed in this role.
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
Are you looking to grow within a business? Are the opportunities limited where you are currently? Is there a lack of variety in the leads you receive? Are you fed up working unsociable shift patterns? Do you feel taken for granted, and unappreciated where you are now? Or are you just one fish in a very big pond? Fancy a ‘real’ challenge and want to be seen and rewarded for the results you deliver? Then you really need to find out more about working with Assist Insurance Services.
What we offer:
- Base Salary: You will be offered an excellent market leading base salary based on your experience. We pay the best, because we want to attract the best.
- Bonus Potential: Once you are trained you will be placed on a bonus scheme which truly is unlimited, where your earning potential is limited by you, and not the company. We have advisers who can earn monthly four figure bonuses (on top of their base salary);
- Holiday Entitlement: You will receive 20 days paid holiday, which will increase by 1 day for every year you work for us up to 25 days. You will also get your Birthday off which doesn’t come out of your holiday entitlement!
- Opportunities for Progression: We have a policy of promoting from within whenever possible, if you are looking for a company where you can progress, then we are the company for you. If you don’t want the responsibility of man-management, that isn’t a problem, as you can still progress by being more multi-skilled;
- Professional Career: We would be happy to sponsor you should you wish to study towards your insurance exams;
- Fun Environment: We all understand that Insurance isn’t the most exciting of industries, but we do our best to enjoy ourselves whilst we are at work. Whether that is the internal competitions, where alcohol, chocolate or major prizes such as iPads and more, or whether it is joining the company for a meal in town, we like to have fun!
- Family Business: Assist is a family-owned business, not a corporate dinosaur, where you don’t meet the Directors or the guests we have come into the company. Despite being a family business, we employ 40 plus people, many of them having worked with us for a number of years. And those who do leave… often come back. What does that tell you?
Find out more about us, and what we do by visiting our websites: