Customer Services Team Leader
Location: HARDINGSTONE, NORTHAMPTON
(1 minute from A45, 2 minutes from Junc 15 M1, 5 minutes from Town Centre)
Assist Insurance Services is one of the UK’s leading providers of Leisure Insurance Products including Park Home Insurance, Caravan Insurance, Static Caravan Insurance, Leisure/Holiday Home Insurance, motor insurance and now marine insurance as well as providing the only Insurance Backed Structural Warranty for Park & Leisure Homes and is based in modern offices.
The position is a managerial role within the company and as such the role requires the job holder to demonstrate flexibility in their approach ensuring that the Customer Service team meet and exceed targets.
The role requires supervision of the Customer Service team and is responsible for the overall performance of that team.
The team leader is responsible for leading a group of (currently)up to 8 staff members. The role is responsible to ensure that all customer contacts are dealt with efficiently and that every contact with PHA is a positive outcome for the customer, even if the outcome is not what they expected or hoped for, whilst adhering to our company values and TCF guidelines.
This is a role which will be measured as a team performance, with success for the individual coming from his/her own team performance.
The Customer Service team leader will report directly into the Operations Manager/Director.
The primary purpose of the role is to lead the Customer Service team to success.
As part of the management team this will also require participation in new projects, innovations and process reviews to support an environment of continuous improvement, helping Assist Insurance Services to achieve its company objectives.
All of this must be delivered within the structure of the “Assist Operations House” ensuring we deliver outstanding service for our customers, motivate and train our staff and operate within the regulatory environment of the FCA.
- Day to day responsible for product and performance management;
- Lead from within the team and assist the team in dealing with customers when required;
- Ensure that all daily tasks are distributed to and actioned by the team;
- Ensure that every effort is made to maximise productivity within the team, whilst maintaining a happy motivated team;
- Ensure that the team support their colleagues in new business sales and renewals by actioning tasks such as taking payment, creating efficiency in the business and a positive experience for the customer;
- Suggest and assist in setting customer service strategy;
- Liaise with the Operations Manager/Director to set monthly objectives/targets;
- Detailing action plans to ensure targets are achieved on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Support and motivate staff members to achieve individual and team targets;
- Supervise daily work of sales staff;
- Maximise staff productivity by focusing staff and endorsing good behaviour;
- Conduct monthly 1-2-1’s with all team members;
- Immediate reporting of important issues;
- Coach and train staff when needed;
- Work closely with other job functions in the company to improve overall service level;
- “Walk the floor” create energy and buzz;
- Hold morning buzz sessions with the Operations Manager;
- Ensure team maintains regulatory compliance;
- Ensure management information is used to enhance the effectiveness of the team;
- Be aware of market developments in the market and report accordingly;
- Ensure quality is maximised and errors minimised and address all errors and quality matters within the team;
- Feedback on quality and team progress on an individual and team basis;
- Mentoring and coaching team members especially new team members;
- Motivation – in conjunction with Renewals and Service Manager create incentives/competition;
- Lead the Quality review process for the team;
- Be the first point of referral for product and systems issues;
- Ensure that staff on Probation are monitored continuously;
- Carry out mid-year and Year End appraisals;
- Ensuring that all EODs are documented and investigated for both staff or process improvements.
- You will have had at least 2 years’ experience of working in a Renewals/Service environment;
- You will have had at least 2 years’ experience of managing a team and performance to agreed KPI’s and SLA’s
- Ideally you will have experience of Household and Motor Insurance;
- You will ideally (but not essentially) have a good working knowledge of OpenGI system;
- You will have successfully worked within a target orientated environment.
Find out more about us and what we do by visiting our websites: