My Holiday Home Insurance Frequently Asked Questions

Single or Twin Leisure Homes & Leisure Caravans

Questions about insurance policies from My Holiday Home Insurance

Yes, we can give you up to 15% of no claims discounts. We also offer an age discount of 10% for anyone aged over 50 buying our leisure home insurance.

We find that all of our customers need slightly different things from their leisure home insurance policy, and whilst we try to cover every question online, we find it’s better to talk you through the leisure home insurance policy and answer your questions directly. You can ask us to call you, or, if you prefer, you can call us directly. When you call 01604 946 681, you’ll get straight through to one of our advisers who’ll take you through a leisure home insurance quote to insure your leisure home.

Yes, if you call us for a quote on 01604 946 681 (Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm or on a Saturday 9am to 1pm) we can sort out your leisure home insurance cover for you there and then.

You can find all of our claims numbers on our Contact us page. The number for  insurance claims is 0344 856 2187. We’re here 9am to 5.30pm on weekdays and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. Outside these times you can leave a message with your name and a contact number and we’ll call you back.

Yes, you can, we’ll give you £15 off your leisure home insurance renewal premium for every friend you recommend. You can find out more here. Just let us have your friend’s email address alongside your own details, and once your friend has taken out an insurance policy with Assist Insurance Services, we’ll put a credit of £15 against your leisure home insurance renewal with us next year. Full terms and conditions can be found here.

Your questions about taking out an insurance policy with My Holiday Home Insurance

No, we offer flexible payment terms on our leisure home insurance policies: you can opt to pay with 12 monthly payments. Ask about our payment terms when you call us for a quote on 01604 946 681.

No, we don’t charge you extra to use your cards to pay for your leisure home insurance policy. We accept all major credit and debit cards and we don’t charge you extra to use either.

It’s very easy to sort out, just ask your friend to complete the form here.  You’ll then receive an email from us. Click on the link in that email and enjoy £15 off your quoted premium.

My Holiday Home Insurance is part of Assist Insurance Services Ltd, one of the UK’s leading specialists providers of leisure home insurance. We understand your needs, providing excellent customer service at a competitive price. So, if you own a holiday (or static) caravan in the UK, we have the insurance policy and cover to meet your needs.

All insurers are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, however, when your policy is underwritten by a Lloyd’s underwriter you have the added peace of mind. We use one of Lloyd’s largest underwriters for our leisure home insurance policies, Canopius Managing Agents Ltd.

Questions you may have about covering your leisure home

No, it’s the site owner’s responsibility. So, if the base suffers any damage (such as subsidence) it is their responsibility to claim or repair it, not yours.

Yes, we do cover older leisure homes. We don’t have any age restrictions on buildings listed in our policy.

Let us know when you speak to our adviser, so that we can make sure you get exactly the cover you need.

You need to consider the cost of replacing your leisure home and its contents inside, so refer to the New for Old or The Market Value Definition on page 13 of your leisure home policy document.

We have the option of covering leisure homes up to 20 years of age.  Our insurance policies also cover site clearance, transportation and re-siting as standard.

Yes, we do provide cover, but we may need to exclude flood protection from your policy. Call us on 01604 946 681 and we can check this for you.

When the leisure home is left without an occupant for 30 consecutive days, any single unfixed item with a value of over £5,000 is excluded from this insurance.

Between 1st November and 31st March both days inclusive, if the leisure home is left without an occupant for more than 48 hours you must drain down the entire water system as a precaution to prevent freezing and any potential damage this may occur. If your leisure home has a sealed heating system containing antifreeze then this does not need to be drained down but antifreeze levels checked annually and particularly prior to the period of unoccupancy. (Please refer to Draining your Water System for Winter Unoccupancy on Page 8 of your policy booklet). In addition, all water tanks must be emptied by leaving both hot and cold taps fully open with plugs removed throughout the leisure home.
If you wish to leave the water supply turned on between 1st November and 31st March both days inclusive, you must ensure:

• The entire home benefits from a heating system being gas or a geothermal or full electric system (not night storage heaters), fitted with automatic controls and a separate thermostat. The system must be set to operate continuously for 24 hours of each day (not controlled by a timing device) and the thermostat set to not less than 13 degrees Celsius and all internal doors must remain open throughout the leisure home and where fitted the loft hatch left open.
• If the heating system as described above is installed and additionally fitted with a ‘frost stat’ that is designed and installed to override all the heating controls, irrespective of their functional status, then this may be set to operate at no less than 4 degrees Celsius.

Questions you may have about covering your possessions

We have different options, you can take out either building and contents or buildings only cover.

Our policy can provide up to £25,000 cover for the contents within your leisure home.

Yes, we provide up to £1,500 in any one period of insurance for items such as garden furniture.

Your questions about making claims with My Holiday Home Insurance

Call us on 0344 856 2187. If you call outside office hours, then leave a message with your name and telephone number and we’ll get back to you. We handle all aspects of your claim over the phone, with no forms to fill in.  You can find our contact numbers on our Contact us page.

Yes, our current standard excess is £100 for most claims on our leisure home insurance policies. For other claims, it’s £250 for escape of water and £1,000 for subsidence.

All of our claims are handled by an award-winning claims company called Davies Group, who handle many large insurers’ claims. However, we also have our own in-house claims coordinators, who will be watching your claim and will ensure that your claim is handled with the utmost efficiency throughout. Our claims service was shortlisted and won a claims award in 2017. Our leisure home insurance claims team won the Insurance Claims Excellence Award in 2017.

© Copyright 2020 - My Holiday Home Insurance - Privacy Policy | Sitemap
My Holiday Home Insurance, is a part of Assist Insurance Services Ltd, Royal House, Queenswood, Newport Pagnell Road West, Northampton NN4 7JJ.
Assist Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for General Insurance Distribution activities and as a credit broker. We do not charge any up-front fees for arranging credit. We do not charge any fees to customers in relation to Credit Broking activities. We are members of the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you cannot settle a complaint with us, eligible complainants may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent assessment. The FOS Consumer Helpline is on 0800 023 4567 and their address is: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR. Website: